Kevin Wood is a member of Winstead's Healthcare Industry Group. Kevin guides all types of healthcare providers in navigating the complex and ever-changing rules that control how they can enter business arrangements with each other. By working closely with his group members, Kevin ensures they are aware of the latest challenges facing providers and others in the healthcare industry. By working to stay ahead of the latest challenges, Kevin helps providers find practical solutions to meet, and overcome those challenges.
- Organize and implement operational adjustments in response to new requirements arising from healthcare reform, including how providers get paid for what they do
- Comply with federal and state anti-kickback laws and physician self-referral prohibitions (e.g., Stark Law)
- Comply with privacy, security, and breach notification requirements for healthcare data under HIPAA/HITECH and applicable state laws
- Analyze and respond to healthcare data breaches, including notice to affected individuals and interactions with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Respond to requests and investigations by oversight agencies such as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Texas Health & Human Services Commission (HHSC), Office of Inspector General of Health & Human Services (OIG), Texas Office of Inspector General-HHSC, and Texas Medical Board (TMB), to name a few
- Obtain proper licensure, certification, or enrollment for healthcare providers to they can provide services and get paid for those services
Kevin is a contributing writer for Winstead’s Destination Health Law blog.