Commitment to Diversity
Winstead is strongly committed to diversity and we strive to recruit, retain and advance professionals of all backgrounds so our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients and our communities. We are proud that our firm is made up of people who bring different perspectives through varied cultural and geographical experiences.
We provide equal employment and advancement opportunities regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Winstead continues to focus its efforts and resources to achieve meaningful increases in diversity within our firm. We are proud of our progress, including:
- Winstead received recognition for the success of its diversity program in the annual “Diversity Scorecard,” a survey that looks at the proportionate number of minority lawyers working in the top 200 law firms in the United States. Winstead’s percentage of minority lawyers rose from 11.4 percent to 13.4 percent, making it one of the biggest improvements among law firms rated by American Lawyer.
- Winstead ranked number 7 in the Dallas Diversity Task Force (DDTF) Law Firm Report, which presents a snapshot of demographics at the 20 largest law firms in Dallas. Winstead was also recognized for improving its composite score by almost 10 points. The report also included a checklist score based on diversity efforts a firm undertook during the survey period.
- Winstead ranked second highest in percentage of minority equity partners in Texas offices. The firm also ranked eighth in percentage of minority attorneys in Texas offices. The report was published by the Texas Lawyer.
As pleased as we are with our progress, we must expand our efforts. Our Diversity Committee and Initiatives are the drivers to our future in this critical goal.
Commitment to Our Communities
Winstead's commitment to serving our communities dates back to the firm's inception. We proudly collaborate with our local communities by providing pro bono legal assistance to both individuals and non-profit organizations, supporting charitable organizations, volunteering our time as board members and assisting with fundraising projects.
Winstead attorneys and staff are active volunteers for a wide range of social programs, outreach activities and civic projects. We devote many hours to support organizations and community events throughout the year. A few of those key community events we support firm-wide include:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Habitat for Humanity
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- March for Babies
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- United Way of America