Andy Dow uses his deep understanding of today’s real estate market to help developers, investors, users and lenders successfully navigate their most complex and sophisticated transactions from deal inception to completion. Andy’s experience and desire to listen to his clients and understand their priorities help him anticipate their needs and offer the practical advice and solutions they have come to rely on and trust.
With a focus on sophisticated transactions, including particular expertise in healthcare, life science, medical, hospitality and resort projects, Andy provides thoughtful and cutting-edge counsel helping his clients traverse today’s dynamic and ever-changing real estate market. From sophisticated ground lease transactions to large portfolio acquisitions, Andy is known as a dealmaker, understanding his clients’ goals and priorities, which allows him to find the proper balance between legal risks and his clients' business objectives.
Andy is an active member of a number of real estate industry groups including the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Healthcare Real Estate Insights Editorial Board, The Real Estate Council and the BOMA International Medical Office Buildings + Healthcare Real Estate Conference Program Committee.
As a leader in the firm, Andy is a member of Winstead’s board of directors, and is chair of the Real Estate Industry Group.
Andy and his wife Lynn are parents to three adult children, and they live in Frisco Texas. In what little spare time Andy has, he enjoys teaching Real Estate Transactions as an adjunct professor at Texas A&M School of Law and is also an enthusiastic golfer and avid college sports fan.
Unique Lawyer Experience
- Healthcare Real Estate
- Hospitality and Resorts
- Development: Representation of developers, pension funds and other investors in all stages of development, including land planning, entitlements, land acquisition, debt and equity financing, construction, leasing and disposition
- Leasing: Representation of landlords and tenants in major office, industrial, retail and mixed-use projects, with experience in lease review, preparation, negotiation and ancillary matters related to leasing
- Property Management: Representation of property owners and managers in connection with the negotiation of property management agreements and providing advice with respect to operational issues related to income producing properties
- Acquisitions and Dispositions: Representation of developers, REITS, pension funds and other clients in the acquisition and disposition of various types of real estate (including downtown and suburban office buildings, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, community shopping centers and power centers, regional malls, hotels, apartments, resorts, golf course developments and mixed-use projects)
- Entity and Transaction Structure: Significant experience in the formation and structuring of all forms of real estate entities and counseling clients with respect to transaction structures and strategies
- Finance: Representation of a variety of institutional lenders and borrowers in a broad range of debt and equity financing transactions, including construction loans, permanent loans, lines of credit, equity participations, syndications, foreclosures and workouts
- Healthcare Real Estate: Representation of hospitals and hospital systems in the strategic use of real estate to accomplish organizational objectives; experience in a wide variety of transactions on behalf of both providers and developers/investors involving healthcare facilities spanning the continuum of care, from clinical space to acute-care hospitals, to post-acute facilities, to senior living (including assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, memory care and the like)
- Corporate Facilities Management: Representation of corporate users, assisting them in maximizing the utilization of their corporate real estate assets. Such representation has included build-to-suit developments (both owned and leased), off-balance sheet financing techniques (such as synthetic leases) and portfolio reviews and dispositions
Andy is a contributing writer for Winstead’s Destination Health Law blog.