Ben Gehlbach is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. He is experienced in all facets of sophisticated real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, redevelopment, finance, industrial, retail and office leasing, and corporate formation.
- Formation of Qualified Opportunity Fund entity and subsequent acquisition of Qualified Opportunity Zone properties in Northwest Houston
- Acquisition and financing of multi-family properties in Austin, Dallas and Nashville from leading national multi-family developers
- Landlord representation for leasing of over 2 million square feet of industrial space across national portfolio, including Texas, the Midwest, and the Southeast
- Representation of one of the largest school districts in New Jersey in the negotiation of various acquisitions, dispositions, and long-term leases, including a build-to-suit state-of-the-art technical high school serving underrepresented communities
- Acquisition, financing and ground leasing of development site within historical district of Union Square
- Representation of hotel owner in the NOMAD neighborhood of NYC in the leasing of restaurant space and licensing of the hotel’s food and beverage services
- Negotiation for the division of family-owned NYC trophy properties for subsequent sale to a publicly traded REIT