Blake Wilson is a member of Winstead’s Construction Practice Group with experience litigating construction and business disputes in state court, arbitration and administrative proceedings. Blake has been part of numerous teams that resolved disputes in a number of forums and stages of litigation, including resolution of disputes in early pre-trial stages and up through securing favorable trial verdicts. Blake’s experience includes the representation of clients in commercial construction and business disputes involving both public and private projects, such as industrial and warehouse facilities, multi-family housing projects, senior housing projects, public schools, and private hotel projects, and has involved a wide variety of claims and issues, including construction defects, delays, payment issues, governmental compliance issues, employee injury investigations, and other breach of contract and tort claims.
- Experience in the representation of general contractors in defense of multi-million dollar construction defect claims relating to the construction of public schools
- Second-chair trial attorney that was part of a team that secured a favorable judgment on behalf of a contractor-client in SOAH proceeding against a state governmental entity
- Part of a team of attorneys that secured the dismissal on special appearance of breach of contract and fraud claims against out-of-state corporate client (including individually named executives) for lack of personal jurisdiction
- Involved in the representation of general contractor in defense of construction defect claim involving the construction of a senior-care living facility
- Worked together on a trial team that obtained favorable settlement short of trial on behalf of two contractors under a CCIP defense program against multi-million dollar property damage claim by adjacent building owner
- Part of trial teams representing both owners and contractors in the pursuit and/or defense of delay claims relating to various private projects