Brent Clifton is a member of Winstead’s Taxation, Employee Benefits & Private Business Practice Group. With 30 years of experience, Brent focuses his work on real estate related transactions representing institutional investors, sponsors and developers. He has a long history of representing fund sponsors and real estate developers of all property types in the structuring of their equity ventures and exit strategies (private and public) as well as representing institutional investors in their fund formations and project investments. In the midst of a strong national real estate recovery, Brent recently introduced and sourced equity capital and development projects for a several institutional investors and real estate developers involving both foreign and domestic public companies and national and regional developers. He has formed and reorganized a large regional construction company and national and regional development companies in addition to advising investors and operators in ventures as diverse as foreign and domestic water treatment facilities, oil field service companies and automobile dealerships. Recent undertakings include projects in Canada, California, Texas, Colorado and Tennessee.
Brent regularly deals with transactions involving partnership roll-ups, credit tenant leases, like-kind exchanges (tenancy-in-common structures), and corporate joint ventures. He is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant.
- Represented founding investor in formation of $200 million multi-family development fund
- Represented management in sponsor agreements for $500 million foreign infrastructure fund
- Represented multiple sponsors in several series of multi-family development projects including deals involving EB-5 equity and debt
- Represented management in formation and restructuring of privately-held national and regional real estate development companies
- Represented sponsor in formation of series of distressed debt real estate funds