George Craft is a member of Winstead's Real Estate Development & Investment and Finance & Banking Practice Groups. George’s practice involves a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions, with an emphasis on commercial real estate finance. Prior to practicing law, George was a credit analyst and a commercial real estate lender with a national bank.
- Finance: Representation of borrowers and institutional lenders in connection with debt and equity structured financing, including construction, mezzanine and permanent loans, as well as representation of borrowers and lenders in workouts of distressed assets, including debt restructuring and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Acquisition/Development Transactions: Representation of purchasers and sellers in the acquisition, development and construction of unimproved and income producing commercial real estate. Representation of developers in all stages of the development cycle for numerous asset classes, including multi-family, office, retail, industrial and age-restricted living projects.
- Equity Transactions: Representation of sponsors and investors in the structuring and formation of all types of real estate entities, including joint ventures.
Specific Transactions – Real Estate Finance
- Representation of state and national banks in connection with construction financing for over 1,500,000 square feet of Class A office space in Houston’s Energy Corridor
- Representation of Sole Administrative Agent and Sole Syndication Agent in connection with construction financing for a 600,000 square foot Class A office tower in downtown Denver, Colorado
- Representation of Lender in connection with redevelopment and tax credit financing for a building designated as a Texas historic landmark in downtown Houston, Texas