Skip to main content|
Jeff Bates is a member of Winstead's Real Estate Development & Investments Practice Group. Jeff's practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate, including the sale, acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing and development of office, retail, industrial and energy facilities.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in large Class A office leases and corporate relocations and mixed-use retail leases.
- Representation of developers in the acquisition, disposition, financing, construction, development and leasing of complex mixed-use, condominium developments and office projects.
- Representation of lenders and financial institutions in multi-state real estate commercial lending transactions
- Drafting and negotiating construction and architect’s agreements on AIA forms used in connection with large mixed-use developments and high-end office space build-outs.
- Represented a California-based real estate company in the sale of nearly 1,000,000 square feet of Class A office space in the northwest Austin submarket.
- Represented a developer in the negotiation of a long-term lease to include the entire building in La Cantera in San Antonio, approximately 129,000 square feet.
- Represented a developer in a series of leasing transactions in northwest Austin submarket, approximately 200,000 square feet in the aggregate.
- Represented a developer in the negotiation of a long-term lease to include the entire building in northwest Austin submarket, approximately 129,000 square feet.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the formation of a partnership to build and finance a 200,000 square foot mixed-use office and retail building in City Centre. Also represented the building owner in 100,000 square foot lease to an offshore oil and gas contractor.
- Managed all due diligence in large multi-asset/multi-jurisdictional real estate financings, totaling approximately $500,000,000 in the aggregate.
- Representation of a large real estate and investment trust in connection with complex relocation of prominent national law firm into approximately 73,225 square feet of space in downtown Austin.
- Representation of a Houston developer in connection with approximately 336,980 square foot lease to be used for company's new corporate headquarters in Houston.
- Representation of a large real estate investment trust in connection with lease of approximately 20,644 square feet of space to a national law firm in downtown Austin.
- Representation of large real estate and investment trust in connection with the following leases in multiple suburban Austin office projects: approximately 12,573 square foot lease to mortgage broker firm; approximately 14,796 square foot renewal and extension of lease to software company; approximately 15,077 square foot lease to strategic IT planning company; approximately 20,703 square foot renewal and extension of lease to eyecare software company; approximately 22,356 square foot lease to online job search company; approximately 10,856 square foot renewal and extension of lease to firm providing IT solutions to governmental agencies; approximately 22,223 square foot expansion, renewal and extension of lease to online shopping software firm.
- Representation of a large real estate and investment trust in connection with numerous leasing transactions comprising a total of approximately 31,607 square feet of space in multiple office buildings in suburban and downtown Austin.
- Representation of publicly traded REIT in acquisition, financing and development of 1,100,000 square foot open-air lifestyle center in Pearland, Texas
- Representation of a prominent beer distribution company in connection with relocation of company headquarters to approximately 11,530 square feet of space in downtown Chicago.
- Representation of a large international energy company in connection with the restructuring of more than 2,000,000 square feet of office space located in downtown Houston. This project initially involved a review and assessment of existing facilities, and then ultimately the potential consolidation of such offices into one or more headquarter locations after considering a number of factors critical to the company, including efficiency, security and environmental impact.
- Representation of a Houston-based real estate investment firm in connection with the construction, leasing and development of City Centre, a 36-acre mixed-use development in Houston, containing office, retail and residential space, including formation of multiple vehicles with third-party equity investors, multiple construction loans with various syndicated lenders, and more than 250,000 square feet of office and retail leases.
- Representation of a Houston developer in connection with approximately 279,484 square foot lease to Dow Chemical Company for a building in energy corridor in Houston.
- Representation of a longstanding nonprofit chain in connection with over 300,000 square feet of leasing of retail and donation center space in Houston.
- Representation of a large insurance brokerage company in connection with the leasing of approximately 75,000 square feet of space in the Galleria area of Houston.
- Representation of landlord in connection with approximately 53,710 square foot lease for a building in the North Loop area of Houston.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in disposition of approximately 50 service stations nationwide.
- Represented a textile firm in a complex acquisition and disposition in a reverse 1031 exchange.
- Represented Atlanta-based high-rise condominium developer in acquisition and development of three multi-acre sites in Houston.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and construction financing of mixed-use project in Austin.
back to top
You may use the wildcard symbol (*) as a root expander. A search for "anti*" will find not only "anti", but also "anti-trust", "antique", etc.
Entering two terms together in a search field will behave as though an "OR" is being used. For example, entering "Antique Motorcars" as a Client Name search will find results with either word in the Client Name.
AND and OR may be used in a search. Note: they must be capitalized, e.g., "Project AND Finance."
The + and - sign operators may be used. The + sign indicates that the term immediately following is required, while the - sign indicates to omit results that contain that term. E.g., "+real -estate" says results must have "real" but not "estate".
To perform an exact phrase search, surround your search phrase with quotation marks. For example, "Project Finance".
Searches are not case sensitive.