John Bruzina is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Finance Practice Group. He represents a variety of national and regional institutional lenders in all facets of commercial real estate financing transactions.
Construction Lending: Represents construction lenders in complex construction financing transactions involving loans secured by new construction or rehabilitation of multi-family apartment complex developments, mixed-used real estate, office complexes, hotels, and industrial buildings.
- $134 million construction loan secured by the mixed-use real estate development in Sacramento, California anchoring the area surrounding the new arena for Sacramento’s NBA franchise
- $105 million construction loan secured by a major brand of luxury condominium residences in Miami Beach, Florida
- $125.5 million construction loan secured by mixed-use real estate within a community development district in Alachua County, Florida
- $94 million construction loan secured by a mixed-use apartment tower in Nashville, Tennessee
- $50.6 million Sharia’h-compliant construction loan secured by a hotel development in Nashville, Tennessee
- $64.2 million construction loan secured by a mixed-use development backed by various economic incentive obligations in Charleston, South Carolina
- $46.1 million horizontal development land loan as part of the Smiley Water Control and Improvement District located in Denton County, Texas
- $50.6 million syndicated construction loan secured by an industrial property in Fort Worth, Texas, representing administrative agent
- $35.6 million syndicated construction loan secured by a multifamily property in Austin, Texas, representing administrative agent
Balance Sheet Financing: Represented institutional lenders in the origination and negotiation of over 300 portfolio loans, including senior, supplemental, and leasehold financings, secured by multifamily, commercial and mixed-use real estate located primarily in New York City, as well as share pledge loans, loans for commercial cooperative and condominium units, cond-ops, and revolving credit lines.
- $19.7 million financing of a movie theater in New York City
- $44.7 million first mortgage financing of loans secured by multifamily properties in New York City
- $13 million financing of loans secured by three commercial cooperative units in New York City
- Advised New York start-up with respect to general business matters, including the preparation of agreements related to the start-up’s social media and web consulting business and its sponsorship of various tech trade events, as well as the preparation of a Letter of Intent and final agreement for the engagement of a host for the start-up’s online talk show, 2010
- Appeared on behalf of New Jersey defendant in civil court at an arraignment stemming from charges related to the alleged violation of two restraining orders, 2014