John Bruzina is a member of Winstead’s Real Estate Finance Practice Group. He represents a variety of national and regional institutional lenders in all facets of commercial real estate financing transactions.
Construction Lending: Represents construction lenders in complex construction financing transactions involving loans secured by new construction or rehabilitation of multi-family apartment complex developments, mixed-used real estate, office complexes, hotels, and industrial buildings.
- $134 million construction loan secured by the mixed-use real estate development in Sacramento, California anchoring the area surrounding the new arena for Sacramento’s NBA franchise
- $105 million construction loan secured by a major brand of luxury condominium residences in Miami Beach, Florida
- $125.5 million construction loan secured by mixed-use real estate within a community development district in Alachua County, Florida
- $94 million construction loan secured by a mixed-use apartment tower in Nashville, Tennessee
- $50.6 million Sharia’h-compliant construction loan secured by a hotel development in Nashville, Tennessee
- $64.2 million construction loan secured by a mixed-use development backed by various economic incentive obligations in Charleston, South Carolina
- $46.1 million horizontal development land loan as part of the Smiley Water Control and Improvement District located in Denton County, Texas
- $50.6 million syndicated construction loan secured by an industrial property in Fort Worth, Texas, representing administrative agent
- $35.6 million syndicated construction loan secured by a multifamily property in Austin, Texas, representing administrative agent
Agency Lending: Represented institutional lenders in the origination and negotiation of financing transactions involving loans for sale in the secondary mortgage market to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as well as supplemental loans and loan assumptions.
Selected Fannie Mae DUS Transactions
- $23.8 million financing of a 372-unit multifamily complex in Kingwood, Texas
- $25.1 million financing of a 411-unit multifamily complex in Round Rock, Texas
- $24.6 million financing of a 288-unit multifamily complex in Houston, Texas
- $28.5 million structured adjustable rate (SARM) financing of a 258-unit, joint venture-owned multifamily complex in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- $35 million “Mitchell-Lama” affordable housing financing of a 748-unit, mixed-use multifamily cooperative in New York City
- Assumption of a $3.46 million supplemental mortgage and a $11 million senior mortgage secured by a 496-unit multifamily complex in Wichita, Kansas
- $10 million financing of a 480-unit manufactured housing complex in North Brunswick, New Jersey
- $13.6 million financing of a 332-unit age-restricted manufactured housing complex in Zephyrhills, Florida
Selected Freddie Mac Transactions
- $4.5 million supplemental mortgage financing behind a $25.2 million CME first mortgage secured by a 374-unit multifamily complex in Houston, Texas
- $13 million CME financing of a 476-unit multifamily complex in Doraville, Georgia
- $6.2 million CME financing of a 114-unit multifamily cooperative in New York City
- $2.82 million supplemental mortgage financing behind a $22.1 million CME first mortgage secured by a 78-unit multifamily building in Los Angeles, California
- $8 million portfolio financing of a 167-unit multifamily cooperative in Hauppauge, New York
Permanent Financing: Represented institutional lenders in the origination and negotiation of over 300 portfolio loans, including senior, supplemental, and leasehold financings, secured by multifamily, commercial and mixed-use real estate located primarily in New York City, as well as share pledge loans, loans for commercial cooperative and condominium units, cond-ops, and revolving credit lines.
- $19.7 million financing of a movie theater in New York City
- $44.7 million first mortgage financing of loans secured by multifamily properties in New York City
- $13 million financing of loans secured by three commercial cooperative units in New York City
- Advised New York start-up with respect to general business matters, including the preparation of agreements related to the start-up’s social media and web consulting business and its sponsorship of various tech trade events, as well as the preparation of a Letter of Intent and final agreement for the engagement of a host for the start-up’s online talk show, 2010
- Appeared on behalf of New Jersey defendant in civil court at an arraignment stemming from charges related to the alleged violation of two restraining orders, 2014