John Rutherford has more than 30 years of experience representing corporations, partnerships and individuals in a variety of complex commercial transactions, both in the U.S. and around the world, with special emphasis on stock and asset acquisitions, private placements of securities, private fund and REIT formation and the development and acquisition of golf clubs and hotels.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Represented private and publicly held businesses in mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. and in more than 20 countries around the world in a wide variety of industries including hospitality, oil and gas exploration and production, data processing, manufacturing and distribution, and resort and private golf club management and development.
- Private Fund Formation: Represented sponsors and issuers in the formation of private real estate funds, REITs and private equity funds. Representation includes counseling on the latest market trends for structures, investor terms and Federal and State regulation of private funds and project specific joint ventures.
- Securities Laws: Represented individuals, companies and partnerships in connection with their formation and private placement of debt and equity securities including representing startups and early stage companies. Representation includes offerings under Rule 506(b), Rule 506(c), Rule 144, Rule 145, Rule 147 and Reg. S. and general compliance with Federal and State Securities Laws.
- International Experience: Represented U.S. based clients in transactions in more than 20 countries around the world in a variety of industries including oil and gas exploration and production, manufacturing and distribution, resort and private golf club acquisition and development.
- Area of Focus: Private real estate fund formation, golf club acquisition and development, bank acquisitions, oil and gas acquisitions, private equity investments, hospitality and real estate joint ventures.