Kathryn Oakes is a skilled real estate finance and commercial banking attorney, working with financial institutions of all sizes to efficiently close even the most complex transactions. She is known for her ability to communicate clearly and effectively, bringing together disparate parties to achieve the best outcome.
Kathryn regularly represents lenders and administrative agents in connection with the planning, negotiation, and documentation of syndicated credit facilities, real estate secured loans, subscription credit lines, equipment loans, and commercial and industrial credit facilities. She has extensive experience with financing the acquisition, development, and construction of commercial real estate projects, including mixed-use, multi-family, office, retail, industrial, parking, and lot development projects.
Her experience includes financing of projects with tax abatement and other tax incentives. In addition, she deals with distressed loans through loan sale transactions, loan workouts, and foreclosures of distressed real estate.
- Ongoing representation of several national and regional banks in connection with secured financing of commercial properties (mixed-use, multifamily, office, retail, industrial, parking) across the U.S.
- Represented administrative agents on multiple syndicated credit facilities in connection with secured financing of telecommunications and solar assets across the U.S.
- Ongoing representation of administrative agent on multiple syndicated credit facilities for acquisition financing of self-storage facilities across the U.S.
- Ongoing representation of institutional lenders under subscription credit lines for private equity funds
- Represented administrative agent in connection with working capital facilities for manufacturing and production companies
- Represented institutional lenders in connection with construction loans for multi-family projects in Texas, California, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and Florida
- Represented senior mortgage lender in connection with redevelopment financing of mixed-use project located in Houston, Texas with New Market Tax Credits and federal and state historic tax credits
- Represented institutional lender in connection with acquisition financing for multi-family project in Houston, Texas with affordable housing under private developer and public facility corporation partnership
- Represented institutional lender in connection with senior construction financing of mixed-use project located in Dallas, Texas with EB-5 financing
- Represented institutional lender in connection with construction financing of multi-family project in San Antonio, Texas under a ground-lease with mezzanine financing
- Represented senior mortgage lender in connection with redevelopment financing of office into a luxury hotel with condominium regime and federal and state historic tax credits in Dallas, Texas
- Represented institutional lender in connection with acquisition financing for dealership in Houston, Texas with 1031 exchange aspects
- Represented institutional lender in connection with construction financing of retail project with pad sites in Brentwood, California
- Represented bank in connection with construction financing of bank’s new office headquarters in Houston, Texas
- Represented lender in connection with capital call facilities for private equity funds
- Representation of lenders on management fee lines of credit
- Represented institutional lender on workout of portfolio of distressed assets after bank merger
- Represented various lenders in connection with workout of distressed assets, foreclosures, and bankruptcy related matters