Mike's areas of practice involve a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and disposition of investment-grade property, commercial development, office and retail leasing and a broad range of financing transactions. Mike Alessio has been a member of Winstead's real estate development and investment practice since 1995.
Mike has served as a member of Winstead's Board of Directors and is a member of the firm's Legal Opinion Committee. Mike was formerly the chairman of the firm's law school hiring program and Recruiting Committee.
- Acquisitions and Dispositions: Multi-site and multi-jurisdictional portfolio acquisitions and the related debt and equity structuring on behalf of pension plans, REIT's, private equity funds, educational foundations and other long-term public and private equity investors and funds
- Joint Venture Investments: Represents private equity firms, pension funds, educational foundations and fund advisors in the structuring, negotiation and administration of multi-party joint ventures for all stages of the life cycle of a real estate investment
- Debt Acquisition: Represents institutional and entrepreneurial investors in the purchase and restructuring of senior and junior debt facilities, distressed debt and distressed real estate assets, and the process and strategy of gaining control of distressed real estate
- Development: Represents developers and investors in all stages of the development of retail centers, multi-family projects, industrial facilities, hotel and resort projects, and office build-to-suit and speculative projects
- Finance: Represents a wide variety of institutional lenders, life companies and banks in connection with debt and equity transactions, permanent and construction financing, mezzanine financing, and preferred equity transactions
- Leasing: Negotiates office, retail and industrial leases and subleases and retail development ground leases, with significant experience in restaurant leasing representing the tenant's side