Trent Ruark works with global airline clients on the drafting and negotiation of complex commercial transactions while providing support for day-to-day legal matters.
Trent has worked with his airline clients on a wide range of issues, including agreements related to engine and component maintenance, airframe, SaaS, data security, fleet transactions, and pilot recruitment.
His in-depth understanding and regular contact with vendors, customer loyalty/currency partnerships and component/aircraft OEMs have provided him with the experience to develop strategic solutions to critical contractual challenges, ensuring that deals are completed efficiently and on terms that meet the client’s needs and market conditions.
Trent has also played a leading role in drafting bespoke agreement templates, reviewing bids, and counseling clients through the negotiating and contracting phases with vendors.
- Representation of global U.S. airline in negotiation of engine maintenance agreement pertaining to CFM56-7B engines with GE Engine Services
- Representation of global U.S. airline in negotiation of engine maintenance services agreement pertaining to V2500 engines with MTU
- Representation of regional U.S. airline in negotiation of CF34 engine maintenance agreement with GE Engine Services
- Representation of regional U.S. airline in negotiation of APU maintenance for E175 aircraft agreement with Pratt & Whitney Canada
- Representation of U.S. airline in negotiation of Avionics LRU component maintenance and pooling agreement for B787 aircraft with Collins Aerospace
- Representation of global U.S. airline in negotiation of engine maintenance services agreement pertaining to V2500 engines with Iberia
- Representation of major U.S. airline in the negotiation of line maintenance services agreements with multiple vendors, including Certified Aviation Services, LLC, Sharp Aviation K, Inc., F&E Aircraft Maintenance (MIAMI) LLC, SIE Engineering (USA) Inc., Air New Zealand Limited, SIA Engineering Japan Corporation, FMG (Flight Management Group), Inc., Panasonic Avionics Corporation, and Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.
- Represented a global airline on CFM International LEAP rate per flight hour engine maintenance services agreement with CFM and various competing vendors
- Represented a global airline CF6 modular fixed price engine maintenance services agreement with GE Engine Services