Ujaala Rashid-Ferraro is a member of Winstead’s Public Finance Practice Group. Following her time as Assistant Attorney General at the Office of the Texas Attorney General and Assistant County Attorney at the Travis County Attorney’s Office, she has a wealth of knowledge in matters related to public improvement districts, economic development, bonds and other public finance issues.
- Legal review and assistance in drafting of local public improvement district policies
- Negotiation and drafting of financing agreements and other underlying agreements relevant to public improvement districts
- Drafting of economic development agreements and advising on underlying matters
- Legal review of transcripts for a variety of debt obligations, identification of legal deficiencies in such transcripts, and review and issuance of opinions regarding the legal sufficiency of such debt obligations
- Tracking and monitoring of changes in legislation affecting public finance-related statutes during several legislative sessions
- Review of bond-validation petitions submitted under Chapter 1205 of the Texas Government Code and providing related research and legal advice