Andy Dow maintains a reputation for finding the proper balance between legal issues and his clients' business objectives, which allows him to craft efficient, creative and economical solutions to the complex issues his clients encounter.
Unique Lawyer Experience
- Healthcare Real Estate
- Hospitality and Resorts
- Development: Representation of developers, pension funds and other investors in all stages of development, including land planning, entitlements, land acquisition, debt and equity financing, construction, leasing and disposition
- Leasing: Representation of landlords and tenants in major office, industrial, retail and mixed-use projects, with experience in lease review, preparation, negotiation and ancillary matters related to leasing
- Property Management: Representation of property owners and managers in connection with the negotiation of property management agreements and providing advice with respect to operational issues related to income producing properties
- Acquisitions and Dispositions: Representation of developers, REITS, pension funds and other clients in the acquisition and disposition of various types of real estate (including downtown and suburban office buildings, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, community shopping centers and power centers, regional malls, hotels, apartments, resorts, golf course developments and mixed-use projects)
- Entity and Transaction Structure: Significant experience in the formation and structuring of all forms of real estate entities and counseling clients with respect to transaction structures and strategies
- Finance: Representation of a variety of institutional lenders and borrowers in a broad range of debt and equity financing transactions, including construction loans, permanent loans, lines of credit, equity participations, syndications, foreclosures and workouts
- Healthcare Real Estate: Representation of hospitals and hospital systems in the strategic use of real estate to accomplish organizational objectives; experience in a wide variety of transactions on behalf of both providers and developers/investors involving healthcare facilities spanning the continuum of care, from clinical space to acute-care hospitals, to post-acute facilities, to senior living (including assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, memory care and the like)
- Corporate Facilities Management: Representation of corporate users, assisting them in maximizing the utilization of their corporate real estate assets. Such representation has included build-to-suit developments (both owned and leased), off-balance sheet financing techniques (such as synthetic leases) and portfolio reviews and dispositions
Andy is a contributing writer for Winstead’s Destination Health Law blog.