David Staas's aviation industry practice is focused on facility development, leasing, concessions, and facility management. This includes terminal, hangar, cargo, and airside/infrastructure facilities. David represents airlines, facility operators, concessionaires, tenants, and developers in a variety of private and public/private airport facility projects, including representing:
- Airlines in legal matters related to terminal development, ground leases, use agreements, and aircraft maintenance facilities;
- Facility owners and air cargo owners related to development and leases of airside facilities;
- Terminal tenants in airport lounge and other space lease agreements;
- Concessionaires in bids for and negotiation of agreements for airport advertising, food & beverage and retail concessions, including ACDBE/MWBE contracting matters; and
- Vendors and owners in facility management and operations agreements.
His practice more broadly centers on the travel, convention, and visitor industry, including representing destination marketing organizations. He serves in leadership positions with several professional organizations, including as a member of the Urban Land Institute's national Travel Experience and Trends Council.